March 2022 Main Event
SESSION 1: Investing in Uncertain Times: Simple Ways to Move Forward Now
You will learn:
- How to invest now when you can’t know the future - participate in leadership trends by selecting funds and ETFs that are currently in favor.
- Which funds and ETFs to buy and when to sell.
- How to avoid the worst mistakes and position for a variety of outcomes.
- How to balance your portfolio for stability in a low interest rate environment.
Sustainable investing aims to help investors align with companies working for positive change. Environmental, social and governance (ESG) ratings have become a good starting point to assess companies’ risks. But there’s a lot more to sustainable investing than just that starting point. Fund proxy voting and shareholder engagement are tremendously important. Much positive change has come from fund advocacy in areas of labor, human rights, safety, equity, environment, disclosure and reporting standards, crucial for all companies. Janet Brown will share how you can be alert to risks in your portfolio and use funds and ETFs to invest in a way that seeks to build wealth and a better world. Janet has decades of experience building and managing fund and ETF portfolios and was an early advocate of what is now called sustainable responsible investing. She’ll show you how to find funds that are right for your goals and your risk needs. You will learn:
- How sustainability-integrated portfolios provide better risk-adjusted returns.
- Why this could be a great time to align with companies solving the world’s biggest challenges.
- Why is there no standard for ESG scores?
- Should you use Passive ESG funds or Active?
How to Attend:
- Register on our EventBrite system using your credit card.
- Or mail a check to: AAII Silicon Valley Chapter, P.O. Box 58, Cupertino, CA, 95015-0058
- Zoom meeting instructions will be emailed to all registered participants.