October 2021 Main Event
SESSION 1: Medicare Explained
- What Medicare is, its benefits, and costs
- About required and optional parts of Medicare insurance, including prescription drug and supplemental insurance coverage
- What your options are and when you can make changes to your Medicare elections
- Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program’s (HICAP) Long-term Care (LTC) workshop presentation is a high-level overview of LTC insurance.
- LTC insurance is an insurance product, sold in the United States that helps pay for the costs associated with long-term care. LTC insurance covers care generally not covered by health insurance or Medicare. Unlike traditional health insurance, LTC insurance is designed to cover long-term services and supports, including personal and custodial care in a variety of settings such as your home, a community organization, or other facility.
- Join us if you’re considering LTC insurance to learn more.
- Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program’s (HICAP) Medicare.gov’s Part D Plan Finder Demo presentation will guide you on entering in your prescription medications, dosages, select preferred pharmacies and compare all stand-alone Part D plans available to you. HICAP's Plan Finder Demo will give you the confidence you need when choosing a plan that best meets your healthcare needs and financial situation.
- Every year, Medicare Part D drug plans make changes to their coverage, costs, including the deductible, premium, and copayments / coinsurance. Medicare beneficiaries with Part D drug plans can change every year.
- Join us to learn how to save money and compare all Part D drug plans available to you.
- Attend this meeting to learn:
- About Long-term Care, Medicare and Long-term Care insurance
- How to save money on your Part D drug plan
- When you can change your Part D drug plan
How to Attend:
- Register on our EventBrite system using your credit card.
- We have retired our PO Box.
- Zoom meeting instructions will be emailed to all registered participants.